Monday, August 8, 2011

Budget House Makeover

After living at our present house for about 5 years, I feel it's time to finally put some time and effort into making this MY home. I've been using a lot hand me down and borrowed pieces that, while functional, don't reflect my taste. So I am doing a slow makeover. Slow because with two children, one doesn't have a lot of free time and because there isn't a lot of money to buy everything I want at once.
I've gotten a few things done, but today I'm going to focus on the dining room. The star here is a wonderful rustic dining table I scored at a local flea market for $50 about a year and a half ago. It came sans chairs, so I had been using a hodge podge of curbside finds of my mother's.
The chairs weren't ugly, but they were definitely not the look I was going for. I had seen a lot of pictures of rustic wooden tables paired with very modern chairs, and that's the direction I wanted to take. I really liked the Tulip chair, but it was way out of my league, moneywise, especially since I wanted 6 chairs. So I ended up getting the Snille chair from IKEA, at $22 a pop.
Here are the before and after pics:

Before

After 1
 
After 2



No comments:

Post a Comment