Monday, July 19, 2010

Target $1 Homeschool Bargains

If you're interested in stocking up on homeschooling supplies, make sure to stop by Target in the next few days. They have an area near the entrance of the store that sells cheap $1 items, mostly for children. I stopped by two days ago and they had some wonderful items for homeschooling:

WORKBOOKS- While I don't believe in relying on workbooks too much, they are a nice addition and some children seem to love them. If you want to make that $1 go even further, make copies of the pages, that way you can reuse the workbooks indefinitely.

STEP STOOLS- Since I'm incorporating some Montessori methodology into my homeschooling, I've been on the lookout for some step stools. They help give children access to higher places and foster independence. There are made of plastic but are pretty sturdy and have rubber coated feet to prevent slipping. At $2.50 a pop I figured I needed to give them a try. I put them in the kids bathroom so they can reach the sink to brush their teeth and wash their hands.

FOAM COUNTING BLOCKS- These are small blocks, about 1/2 inch, so be careful if you little ones who still mouth things. They are great for teaching your kids to count or two classify by colors (they come in blue, green, red, and yellow).

DRESS UP HATS- I love toys that foster creative play and when I saw these hard plastic hats I knew they'd be a great addition to our toy repertoire. Liam got a yellow construction hard hat, and Jeremy settled on a red firefighter helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment