Thursday, February 18, 2010

Make up your minds Gods!

It was last Saturday and the Gods were smiling upon me. DH got out of work early (he works 6 days a week from 7 am to 6 pm, and no he doesn't get overtime.) So we decided to go out to ur local flea markets and see what we could find. First one was a bust. They had a nice solid wood sleigh bed with the nightstands for $500. But DH thinks our old bed, which he broke when we were just getting to know each other, is still good.
We had spent a good while at the second flea market and I was giving myself up for lost, since I had seen nothing to tickle my fancy. And then, just around the corner, was this.


DH asked how much they wanted for it and I just about keeled over. $50!!!!!! Quick, buy it, NOOOOOW! I couldn't believe my luck.
But alas, it was going to be shortlived. Sunday came around, and I woke up knowing it would be a great day. I could sit at my lovely table and drink my morning coffee. I decided to check an ebay auction that was ending that morning. It was for a used newchildmontessori curriculum worth around $175.00. There were about 9 minutes left and I was sure in my childlike innocence that I would win. I went about my day and completely forgot about it, that's how sure I was.
And then that afternoon, DH dropped the bomb. I had used his account to make the bid. I had LOST. Whhhhhhaaaaaat?
Some jerk came in at the last minute (literally) and outbid me by $1.50!
There was only one thing left to do. Sit at my new table and cry.

3 comments:

  1. oh, those ebay vultures always make me so mad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when you're the one winning at the last minute, but boy does it burn when you're the loser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I love that table!

    ReplyDelete